edited

Hello,

My code is:

Ftp ftp = new Ftp();
ftp.Connect(host, 990, SslMode.Implicit);
ftp.Login(user, password);

I use the 4.0 library. I get the following exception when I try to connect:

"An exception occured in certificate verifier."
   at gbMKS.QsaHcZ.1GG6Jr(String , CertificateChain )
   at gbMKS.QsaHcZ.RYVUe(Byte[] , Int32 , Int32 , 1RjReZZ )
   at gbMKS.QsaHcZ.OnHandshakeReceived(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at gbMKS.1UaphuZ.2YjOc(Byte[] , Int32 , Int32 )
   at gbMKS.1UaphuZ.1rsOcLZ()
Inner Exception:
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
   at Rebex.Security.Certificates.CertificateChain.17JPqSZ(String , String )
   at Rebex.Security.Certificates.CertificateChain.T2SEsZ(CertificateChainEngine , Certificate , CertificateStore , String , ValidationOptions )
   at Rebex.Security.Certificates.CertificateChain.Validate(String serverName, ValidationOptions options, CertificateChainEngine engine)
   at Rebex.Security.Certificates.CertificateChain.Validate(String serverName, ValidationOptions options)
   at Rebex.Net.CertificateVerifier.1nrbFGZ.Verify(TlsSocket socket, String commonName, CertificateChain certificateChain)
   at gbMKS.1xpVSY.Verify(TlsSocket socket, String commonName, CertificateChain certificateChain)
   at gbMKS.QsaHcZ.1GG6Jr(String , CertificateChain )

Do you know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

Applies to: Rebex FTP/SSL
by (144k points)
edited

This looks like a bug in the certificate validation routine, possibly related to something unusual in the certificate structure. We will fix it and let you know. Thanks for reporting this!

by (144k points)
edited

In the meantime, you can work around this issue using a custom certificate verifier - see http://www.rebex.net/support/tutorial/ftp-ssl/default.aspx#validating-and-examining-server-certificates for more information.

by (1.7k points)
edited

I have sent the link to our hotfix release to your e-mail.

1 Answer

0 votes
by (144k points)
edited

It looks like the problem was caused by a bug in a certificate's common name checking routine. Please try the hotfix Frantisek sent you and let me know whether it solves the issue. It is possible that a different exception will be thrown instead, containing a more meaningful error message - please let me know in this case as well. Thanks!