0 votes
by (120 points)
edited

I have a directory of .msg files pulled from outlook exchange server. I am getting the following exception. It is not very detailed so I am not sure next steps for debugging. Is there a way to ignore missing objects or identify what is missing?

Rebex.Mail.MailException: Error while parsing compound MSG file. ---> 99RMJ.1B4izIZ: MSG file doesn't contain all mandatory objects.
   at 99RMJ.SWNpk.aD5XxZ(kkVvqZ )
   at Rebex.Mail.MailMessage.Load(Stream input)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Rebex.Mail.MailMessage.Load(Stream input)
   at Rebex.Mail.MailMessage.Load(String fileName)
   at Nexidia.Extractor.Channel.Commands.ParseMailFile.DoProcess(ChannelProcessContext ctx)
   at Nexidia.Extractor.Channel.Commands.ChannelCommand.DoInProcessCommand(ChannelProcessContext ctx)
   at Nexidia.Extractor.Channel.Commands.ChannelCommand.Process(ChannelProcessContext ctx) [(null)] Extractor.Infrastructure
Applies to: Rebex Secure Mail
by (58.9k points)
edited

Are you using the latest Rebex Mail version? If not, please make sure that this issue also happens with the 2012R3 release.

If 2012R3 does not solve this problem, would it be possible to zip the msg file and send it to support@rebex.net? We should be able to help you then.

by (120 points)
edited

I am using the latest version and still the same issue. I emailed you the .msg file containing the error.

1 Answer

0 votes
by (70.2k points)
edited

Although the MSG documentation states that the message MUST contain some objects, your .msg file doesn't contain them. Therefore you received the "MSG file doesn't contain all mandatory objects." exception.

However we realized, that this is not necessary in all cases. Your .msg file can be loaded without these mandatory objects. I have sent hotfix version to your email. Please give it a try.

This workaround will be also included in the next public release.