+1 vote
by (570 points)
edited

Hi,

I'm using rebex FTP 2.0.2567.0.

I'm getting an error saying that the FTP host actively refused the connection.

This only happens after a few good connections, and uses the same code as the good connections. Is there a way that I can find out more about what's going wrong ?

Im using the REBEX ftp on a wince 5.0 device, .net cf 3.5, vb.net vs2009

The host is a Windows 2000 machine running IIS, but the issue also ahppens with Filezilla

Thanks for your help

Martin

Applies to: Rebex FTP/SSL

1 Answer

+1 vote
by (144k points)
edited

Best answer

How is the WinCE device connected to the network? This seems to resemble one of the issues caused by some versions of Microsoft ActiveSync that had lots of troubles with FTP protocol.

by (570 points)
Lukas, That's very good ! Yes the device was connected via Active Sync, although that's not how it will be used in the field. I have tried to find some repeatable way of getting the error, but haven't found one. Unless I get this reported to me, I shall put this to one side as a development only issue.. many thanks
by (144k points)
Thanks for information! A workaround for that ActiveSync connectivity issue was to disconnect the device and connect it again - then TCP/IP started working (until eventually the problem reappeared after a few good connections). What version of ActiveSync was the device connected through, by the way?
by (570 points)
Sorry Lujsa, only just seen that I had not replied to your last question - ActiveSync v4.5.0 I'm still getting the issue during development. You;re right that taking the device out of the cradle and replacing it does clear does clear the issue for a while. However, for a 'wired' connbection where ActiveSync provide the connection to the network, this is not ideal - has there been an update on this issue recently ?. Thanks Martin
by (144k points)
Unfortunately, we are afraid this is actually a problem in ActiveSync itself - some of our clients are able to reproduce it using a simple test app that doesn't use any Rebex FTP code. Are you able to reproduce it on Windows Mobile Device Center (ActiveSync successor)?