0 votes
by (270 points)
edited

An object that is nested in Rebex.Net.TlsException and Rebex.Net.FtpException is not serializable. This causes a problem for me because I need to serialize the information to a client machine where it will be logged and/or displayed to the user. I get a System.Runtime.SerializationException when passing the information to the client.

I've only encountered these problems serializing exceptions when using a TLS/SSL connection. It always occurs when I get a TlsException when connecting to server with a self-signed certification. This occurs both when using Rebex.Net.Ftp, Rebex.Net.Pop3 or Rebex.Net.Smtp. I've also had it occur on a particular server which caused a Rebex.Net.FtpException. The Status property indicated a FtpExceptionStatus.ServerProtocolViolation.

The SerializationException message indicates the obfuscated object name of the object that is not serializable: Type 'gbMKS.1vyGZ8Z' in Assembly 'Rebex.Networking, Version=3.0.4546.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1c4638788972655d' is not marked as serializable.

Please let me know if you need any other information in order to resolve this.

Applies to: Rebex TLS

1 Answer

0 votes
by (58.9k points)
edited

Best answer

UPDATE: the fix is part of release 2012 R3.

Thank you for reporting this issue, the class you reported was really missing the [Serializable] attribute. I have sent a hotfix version to you via email. For others with the same problem, the hotfix is available on demand.

by (270 points)
edited

Great, the hotfix resolves the problem.

by (58.9k points)
edited

Thanks for reporting back.