0 votes
by (170 points)
edited

Hi

I'm using Rebex in a scenario where the code have to sent an .msg file server side (without Outlook). The .msg file is created by a Win7 terminal with outlook, then saved to disk and sent to our W2008 server. Some time later, the server send this mail.

Most of email seems to be sent correctly, but I've strange encoding characters with a mail in "Vietnamese (Windows)" encoding. I would like to know:
- How to debug this kind of problem ? The mail is confidential so I can't even get it myself...
- Do I need to install something on the server to allow rebex to send these kind of email ?

Here is a sample of these characters:
N顮moins r鰵t饠괲e localis饠 鴡bli (r觬e

Thank you

1 Answer

0 votes
by (144k points)
edited

Rebex should be able to send these emails without installing anything else on the server. If it doesn't work, it's probably caused by some incompatibility in our parser (documentation of .MSG file format is still incomplete and implementing a parser involved lot of guesswork).

Unfortunately, debugging it witout access to any .MSG file that causes the issue is next to impossible. Would it be possible to create a non-confidential Vietnamese e-mail (just copy&paste any Vietnamese text from the web) using the same Win7 terminal and Outlook and mail it to us for analysis? (Preferably in a ZIP file to prevent our Exchange server in modifying it in any way). Once we are able to reproduce the problem, we should be able to solve it quickly.

by (170 points)
edited

I'll ask to customer
But it may take some time, so I'll come back here
Thank you