0 votes
by (170 points)
edited

Hi, i developed my application (c# and .net 4) using rebex .net 4.0 Build 4086 I made an imap connection and in some cases i receive the below listed exceptions. Could you explain to me the reason?

Rebex.Net.Imap.dll 1.0.4086

Rebex.Net.Imap Message : No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. StackTrace : at Rebex.Net.Imap.Connect(String serverName, Int32 serverPort, TlsParameters parameters, ImapSecurity security) Rebex.Net.SecureSocket Message : An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host StackTrace : at wWGvS.ckSCApZ.cDtmAOZ() at Rebex.Net.TlsSocket.Poll(Int32 microSeconds, SocketSelectMode mode) at wWGvS.bVbqKo.BMJzdYZ(Byte[] , Int32 , Int32 ) at wWGvS.bVbqKo.bHacLVZ(Int32& ) at Rebex.Net.Imap.BbLKfs() at Rebex.Net.Imap.cOivWmZ(String , ArrayList ) at Rebex.Net.Imap.cgrDQE(String , BzQPmZ , String , Boolean ) at Rebex.Net.Imap.CnNcvYZ(String , Object[] ) at Rebex.Net.Imap.Purge()

Rebex.Net.Imap Message : Cannot send command to the server because the response for previous one was not received. StackTrace : at Rebex.Net.Imap.BQDrolZ(String , Object[] ) at Rebex.Net.Imap.CnNcvYZ(String , Object[] ) at Rebex.Net.Imap.Purge()

Applies to: Rebex Secure Mail

1 Answer

0 votes
by (144k points)
edited

The first exception ("No connection could be made ...") is raised when the IMAP server is not accepting connections at the moment. It might be busy or restarting.

The second exception ("Cannot send command to the server because the response for previous one was not received") is usually thrown when one operation fails (due to timeout or another serious problem) and throws and exception, but that exception is ignored and another operation (Imap.Purge() in this case) is attempted. A communication log created using Imap object's LogWriter property should make it possible to tell what is going on - either add the log to your post or mail it to support@rebex.net for analysis.