0 votes
by (160 points)
edited

Hi

I enjoy using your lib alot! It eased my life quiet a bit :-) Regarding WebDav and other additions: Is there a release timeline from your side when this functions will be implemented?

Regards

2 Answers

0 votes
by (13.0k points)
edited

It's nice to know that you like Rebex components. Thanks!

We have a rule against publishing road-maps for products, for a simple reason: we don’t like to disappoint you. We hate promising you’ll have some awesome new feature in the release 23.1 and then smashing your hopes most excellently by announcing we’ve had to delay them until 27.4. Instead, we prefer to surprise you each release with new goodies.

Of course, the flip-side is that we know you can feel abandoned when we go dark for awhile, even if we’ve got a really good reason for doing that. And I think we’ve been too quiet lately, so some of you are wondering if we’ve been run over by a bus.

Good news: we’re still very much here! And we’re still working hard. You can expect many nice features and additions in 2012.

However, the release timeline for WebDav is not firmly set yet, but it's definitively on our radar.

UPDATE

Version 2012 R1 was released on March 5, 2012.

0 votes
by (160 points)
edited

Hi

in fact I was really wondering whether you guys are still developing new features since the last update is almost a year ago...

This might sound rediculous, but releases and feature additions are a definitive decision making instance when it comes to prolonging subscriptions. We are not asking for a explicit timeline - just a brief info what mostlikely will be in the next release and when we can expect it to be deployed.

Something like first, second or third quarter would be more than sufficiant information.

by (13.0k points)
edited

Hi, you are righ. Good point. Right now I'm out of office, but tomorrow I'll send you a current beta version so you can see what's going to be included in the next release. We aim to release the next version before the end of first quarter of 2012. We'll get back to our old several-releases-per-year model as soon as possible.

by (13.0k points)
edited

Update: Version 2012 R1 was released on March 5, 2012. http://blog.rebex.net/news/archive/2012/03/08/version-2012-r1.aspx